Thursday, November 13, 2008

All Done


Last night I spent about an hour and 15 minutes finishing up this cute little quilt. I absolutely love how it turned out. So sweet and colorful. This is the first quilt I designed myself and put together to completion. There is nothing complicated about it, but I am pleased nonetheless.

The binding is actually leftover binding from a baby quilt that I made for a friend. It was the perfect color and style. I sewed together the four pieces of left over binding (this was before I taught myself to do continuous binding with mitered corners) and had just the right amount. Enough to go around the quilt with four inches left over. Now that's resourcefulness!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Celeste, that is absolutely adorable! Come teach me...please?! :)

Love you.

Susan Silver Dill said...

It looks beautiful! What are the final dimensions?

Jrz Jenn said...

absolutely gorgeous! Would you mind if I made one in a similar style? I'm totally inspired!