Thursday, March 28, 2013

LARGE birds















Very Huge Birds!

Yes, we were on our way home from A SCOUTING LESSON ON BIRDS THAT I TAUGHT! We decided to stop by the house where Brian was putting out his Realtor for sale sign. Just around the corner from that house, we pulled over and switched kids in cars, etc. As we were in front of some random person's home, we looked up and saw these very large, very unidentifiable birds in a big pine tree. I searched the Internet all evening to no avail. The next morning I got my Texas Birds book out of the car from the night before and began to search some more. There I found what I thought might be the winner. We went back yesterday afternoon to photograph them with the good camera. Sure enough we have a match!

A Yellow Crowned Night Heron!


Amazing.

No comments: