Monday, February 18, 2013

Holy by Command

This morning, before I read today's passage from Leviticus, I read a few little introductory comments about a verse in the passage.

Leviticus 19:1-2 says

And the LORD said to Moses, "Say to all the congregation of the people of Israel, You shall be holy; for I the LORD your God am holy.

What I read about this struck home today. It is my little nugget among many. It said that this command to be holy as God is holy is actually a GUARANTEE! A guarantee? Really? I had stop a moment, reread, think, digest. It was early, you know.

So what that means is that God guarantees that I can be holy like He is. Really. He wouldn't have commanded the Israelites, and me and all of us, to be holy if it wasn't something that we couldn't possibly achieve. He tells us to do it knowing full well that we can be holy as we rely on him in all things.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: