Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bloom Sew Along Progress

I have been having such a wonderful time participating in the Bloom Sew Along from Lori Holt and Riley Blake.  Every week we have been making an applique block using Lori's super adorable Sew Simple Shapes!  It has been a real learning and growing experience for me!  I used to only do applique with raw edge shapes and I HAD to use Steam A Seam to hold it down.  And this I didn't do very often!

Using Lori's Sew Simple Shapes and the amazing tutorials on her blog, I have learned to love applique!

I have been using the wonderful Calico Days fabric by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs.  It has some of the most adorable little prints and the colors are so bright and happy - right up my alley!

You can get the free pattern over at the Riley Blake blog and then follow along on Lori's blog every Monday for her block tutorials!

Week One

Week Two

Week Three

Week Four

Weeks Five and Six

Week Seven

Week Eight

Week Nine


At the end of every four weeks, you will have enough blocks with borders to create a row.  I have been sewing my rows together after each fourth block!  I love how it makes the quilt feel so much closer to being finished!

 

Hurry up!  It's not too late to grab your shapes and some adorable scrappy happy fabric and join in the fun!!
Have a super happy quilty day!
Celeste

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful blocks! I've always been a little afraid of appliqué but maybe I should reconsider this sew along!