Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I'm not complaining!



It is almost 10:30pm and I have yet to reshelve the pile but I cannot complain. This is what my Jacob and Nicole did today! "Why so proud?" you say. Yes, I know there are many children out there who could make a messy stack of books twice as high and twice as messy. All right! What I mean is that Jacob and Nicole "read" stacks of books all day long. Nicole kept getting stack after stack to "read" to herself on the sofa. By the end of the afternoon there was hardly a toy on the floor (and most of those few were Andrew's). Even when we went to Grandmommy and Papa's tonight for Grandmommy's birthday celebration, Nicole headed straight upstairs and returned with a stack of books 12 high. I am so happy! Now for Jacob, this is not quite as much of a surprise. He has loved to listen to book after book and look at books from a very young age. But there was a time when we wondered if Nicole would ever want to listen to books and we were sad that she didn't seem to enjoy them like Jacob. Well, the bookworm has come out of her cocoon and blossomed into a beautiful book-loving butterfly! And as for Andrew, he is showing early signs of being a book toting boy. May they love to read for the rest of their lives!

And on a side note (or three):

* Happy Birthday to my mom! I love you!

* Congratulations to one of my dearest friends on the birth of their brand new baby boy.

* Go on over to my favorite website and wish Danielle a very happy birthday!

No comments: