Thursday, June 12, 2008

Free

Would anybody like a nice blue Dodge minivan complete with four car seats?

Well, sorry! You missed your chance today.

At the mall around lunchtime today mine was free for the taking.

Now, lest you think I am crazy, let me reassure you I did carefully lock the doors. I know I did. I just didn't close all the doors. Minor detail.

As we approached the car, we noticed the door wide open and marvelled that the van was untouched. We marvelled some more and said a really long prayer of Thanksgiving.

Either we have really cool, super duper Guardian Angels or there just isn't much demand out there for old Dodge minivans.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is so funny because we just did that very same thing while we were on vacation!! We came out of our motel and saw the mini-van door wide open. I ran to see what happened. Nobody touched a thing and we had a ton of 'stuff' from traveling that was just sitting right in there. Our little punishment is that it was raining, so things got a bit wet. Poor Henry's carseat took the worst of it!

I enjoyed your post on your friend moving. We were so sad to leave our neighbors in Iowa as well. I felt so lucky to have a stay-at-home mom right next door that I could do so many of the same things that you and Robin did. I miss that. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

I have done that before myself, but luckily it was never touched. I just love how things like that make you realize that Someone really is watching out for you. Especially mommas with lots of little ones!