Saturday, July 08, 2006

The deceiver is still in the business of deceiving

Just recently I learned of a nifty little website where you could "innocently" enjoy a sampling of all our favorite 80s music. Well, we have all been deceived once again. At some point I even thought to myself, "Gee, all this cool 80s music for free - no strings attached." I really had the feeling for a moment of "this is too good to be true." And it was FREE, in the sense that it didn't cost me money, but in truth it was not free and there were plenty of strings attached. Unbeknownst to us, and probably many other 80s music groupies, there was a link embedded in the site that served as a portal to a sinful lifestyle of which I want NO part of. Why couldn't this seemingly innocent fun be just that - innocent fun????

It angers me that I have been deceived into supporting something sinful, even if just for a short time, when I would not have chosen to do so otherwise. I don't like that! Why must so many things have a hidden agenda these days? Why can't I just enjoy some free 80s music on the internet without being lured? I just don't like it!

I guess the lesson learned, like I didn't already know this, is that you can't trust just anyhting on the internet. I am reminded that God gave us the knowledge and intelligence to create technology and use it. But like anything, we have the power to use it for good or evil. I plan to use it for good and I hope this blog is a little ray of light in cyberspace - a little light pointing to Jesus.

No comments: