Friday, July 28, 2006

Bored????????

This article on boredom is quite sad. What is up here?

I am amazed at this woman's attitude and gall and can't possibly see how life with little ones is boring unless YOU (the mom) allow it to be so. What is wrong with society that everything must revolve around "ME"??? Am I the perfect example of selflessness? No, no, not at all. In fact, I must insist that most of my daily struggles in my mothering career are a direct result of MY selfish tendencies. But do I allow these tendencies full reign? Certainly not. Each day I try to overcome my selfishness and pride and then the next day, I get up and work at it again. I don't think I can claim to love every waking moment, but I love the great majority of everyday. The smiles and blessings and love and fabulous opportunities to raise these little people to know Christ and serve him thrills me. This article makes me want to work harder at loving it all despite my feelings.

I added a comment to this article. I don't know if it's been added to the list of comments or not. It said they might edit the comments. And, of course, I used some really foul language in my comment like "God" and "self-sacrifice." I was a bit fired up.



My oh, SO, boring children!!! :)))))

1 comment:

andria said...

I read that article while I was listening to 106.9 and hearing the song "you give love a bad name".

I wonder why she ever had kids to begin with,maybe she thought it would different? It makes working mom's look bad. All my friends work because if they didn't their kids wouldn't eat and each and every one wish they could spend more time with their kids.

I get bored alot too, I mean, I can only play chutes and ladders so many times, but this woman lacks creativity. When I get tired of chutes and ladders I find a different game. If I get tired of the same old books we go to the library. She is missing out on so much and she doesn't even realize it because she is so wrapped up into herself. That is sad.

I just don't understand that. I cry every night because I have to send my kid to school every day in 2 weeks and he will only be there 4 hours! I want more time with him! I plot ways I can keep him home another year.

Well, I am off to spend the entire weekend with my kids.