Monday, July 17, 2006

The heat is stifling!

At the moment I am typing this entry in a slowly cooling off home! For the second time in one week, our A/C went kaplooey! We noticed last Tuesday night when we got home from Kemah that the house was a bit "warmish." We slept the night in a "warmish" house and then happily spent the next day with my mom at her nice cool house. The guy came and fixed it around 4pm that day. Yeah!

Well, about 3am this morning, after waking up for what seemed the 100th time with some silly dream about ants on the sheets (the battle with my kitchen ants MUST be taking its toll), I decided to tap Brian on the shoulder and poll him as to his temperature comfort level. My cold natured husband was also on the warm side. Once again the A/C had decided to stop. Yippee. Yes, it is 15 years old and we are continually blessed to keep dodging the "replace the entire unit" bullet. So I can't complain too much. But it is Monday and we did have a long weekend and I really was not wanting to be anywhere but in my own cool home today. Luckily, Mr. Fix-it made it out by 9am and replaced some other necessary doodad. Now we can relax, stay home (until swim lessons) and wait 5 more days for it to break again! :)

The man wrote on our first receipt: "Note: this unit is 15 years old and could go out at any time." Thank you.

No comments: