Friday, February 29, 2008

Thank you Elizabeth

Elizabeth Foss' latest article is well worth the few minutes it takes to read it!

Thank you for writing this Elizabeth. I am guilty of the comparing as I know so many moms are. Slowly I am learning to take even ALL the good, the beautiful, the worthwhile and the lovely out there with a grain of salt. Even if an idea is good and worthy, but it is keeping me from my children because I am concerned with keeping up and "doing it all," then it's not worth it. To put it this way: I can either spend days preparing an elaborate art project when we are already stressed and overloaded OR I can sit down and color with them instead.

I am thankful for all the lovely blogging ladies out there who share the beautiful gifts and inspiration they have to offer. I love surrounding myself with your beauty. Thank you for giving ideas (either to use now or judiciously tuck away), inspiration, encouragement, friendship and laughter. Blogging can be a blessing and a very good thing. I pray I may always strive to be this blessing to others.

Blessings for your weekend friends!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for that great link.
You have been a great inspiration to me, and a dear blogging friend!
Love the photos below of that 'baby' getting into everything. Now I will treasures these last few months of a baby who happily sits on the floor and plays with his toys without moving! Whew.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Amen, Celeste. Amen.