Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cake anyone?

What a silly post, but just the same. This was brought on this morning because Nicole was playing with her Princess Belle doll while I was working on the computer. I asked if she remembered when the doll was a cake and she couldn't remember (that was only February but then she is only 3). So I pulled up the photo on the computer and she saw her cake. Then she wanted to see other cake pictures. Of course we have pictures of them all. I mean what could be more important that pictures of food, right?????

Looking at these photos just made me remember each special little party and how my babies have grown! It made me remember how much work each cake was, but what a labor of love they were. I dearly loved making each one. I laughed at myself as I remembered how I tend to start getting "cake visions" months before the party. Each cake presents a new challenge. It always thrills my heart when the kids wake up on the day of their party and see their cake for the first time. With comments like, "Mommy, it really does look just like the Great Valley!!!" Whew - I'm so glad. I'll keep making cakes as long as they are requested. I'll try anything. They don't always have to be challenges. I'd go for something simple if that's what they really want. I just love doing it!!!!

So here's to many happy birthday cakes!!!!


My very first and Jacob's too!


Jacob's 2nd birthday with a brown sugar road for Bob and crew!


The hardest, most tiring cake I ever did and the black icing tasted HORRIBLE! That's the last time I do one of those "easy" cakes using the formed cake pan and JILLIONS of little stars!


Nicole's first birthday. The grass was harder than I thought it would be.


Quite a challenge!


This one was fun! And Nicole really loved it! We all ate way too many Skittles.


This cake was scary. The Great Valley was a great difficulty! I was just praying that the mountain stayed in one piece!


This is the Princess Belle cake! Two round layers and a Hemisphere all piled up with a hole in the middle to shove Belle in! :)


And of course, Andrew's first birthday cake. I loved this cake. And you gotta love icing spray!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow. I'm speechless. Those cakes are AMAZING! I am so impressed... what a wonderful talent you've been blessed with! Your kids are so lucky.

andria said...

We have to keep logging on to see the Thomas cake. I have made that cake six times and the last time I just smeared blue icing on it and some eyes and a number 1. It is so time consuming to do and I could barely see the lines on the cake BUT Jacob always asks for it. He wants one for his first day of school, but I saw where HEB is doing the 3D one now so I am thinking of sneaking into there and taking all the credit.

I really liked all those cakes. I wish I could do the same, but mostly I just go to Cake Lady and place my order. I am lazy that way.