Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Someone check my temperature!

Those of you who know me in the flesh will not be surprised to hear me admit this: I am a bit of a neat freak! I like order. Dust - fine. Soap scum - I can hack it. Disorder - aaaaaaah! I do not function well in it on a daily basis.

Now, those of you who know me in the flesh will come running to my doorstep to deliver chicken soup and the like once I relay what just happened.

I was in the den picking up the Hullabuloo game for the 20th time today and scraping up a very large pile of K'nex. They have had so much fun today! I smiled as I gathered. In amongst the K'nex, I noticed a toy knight. Well, you see, I am a big believer in toys having homes and toys returning to their rightful homes at the end of the day. I believe it fosters a greater sense of "Mommy sanity" the following day as the little people I know and love are not required to agonize over a very much needed misplaced toy. Because, you see, they always need that toy RIGHT then.


Well, tonight I did the unspeakable. I looked at the pile of K'nex. I looked at that little toy knight with his sword raised high. I thought about the knight's home in a bucket all the way upstairs. Then I scooped up the last handful of K'nex and the knight and threw them all in the bucket. I snapped the lid and went on my way. Job done!

Oh, the horrors!

2 comments:

mom-in-training said...

VERY Un-Celeste like. It's okay. We'll let it go just this once. ;)

Crafty Mom said...

Okay. That is truly scary. Does that mean as you add more kids you will turn into me, with a totally disorganized house? NAH! Can't see that ever happening. I would give anything to have you order my house, any day!!!!!!!!!!