Thursday, September 27, 2007

5 a.m. is early

But I am thankful.

I actually got up early today. I have been setting my alarm for 6:15 a.m. for weeks now. I have not responded to its persistent call one single time. I am always so tired. We get to bed late and Mikey still wakes at night.

So this morning he woke up at 5 a.m. to eat. He was bright and chipper, rolling and talking in bed next to me for a good hour. He did fall back asleep and I put him back in his bed. Lately, I would look at the time, hop back in bed and then get up frustrated at 7:30 a.m. But this morning, Brian was up early and I decided to bite the bullet. I rested till 6:30 a.m. then got up! No small miracle for me.

It is nice. It is quiet.

I am sure I will feel tired later, but that is nothing new lately. At least I had a bit of quiet before the bustle of the day. That is why I have always loved rising before everyone else. Just me and God and a cup o' coffee.

We are off to the museum today. Brian's parents are coming along with me. It should be a fun morning.

Blessings to you all.

No comments: