Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday!



Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Reader extraordinaire
Quick to learn and incredibly intelligent
Amazing memory
Cheerful, generous and so obedient
Lover of Christian music and Life Teen Mass
Singing self-made praise and worship while he works
Talented LEGO master
A smile and a laugh for everyone
Mature beyond your years and responsible

Oh, Jacob it is hard for me to believe that you are already nine. It struck me today that you are halfway to eighteen - I don't want to think about that too often. I have enjoyed my nine years with you and I am not ready for your years here at home to be over. I cannot imagine a day in this home without your presence. You have been a delight to my heart all these years and I cannot wait to see what God unfolds for you in the years to come. You are a wonderful boy in more ways than I could list above. Often times after you are all in bed Mom and Dad marvel at what a great boy you are (as well as your brothers and sister). I pray that I will always treat you with the awe and wonder and love that I felt that December morning I met you for the very first time. You are precious to me and I love you.

Mom

1 comment:

mom-in-training said...

I know it's a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACOB!!!

Love, Mr. Bill, Mrs. Robin, Alex, Nathan and Amy