Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Congrats Mommy! You did it!

The above title captures the words on the banner my little family made me when I arrived home from my final "weight loss" Weight Watchers Meeting! Yes, that's right. I have now entered Maintenance Mode. And I couldn't be happier.

This all began in August 2005 when my third child was 2 months old. With a little info and encouragement from someone dear to my heart, I joined Weight Watchers. (You know who you are and I thank you!) With each birth I had retained more weight and realized I needed to do something about it now so I could be healthier, look and feel better, and, God willing, be at a better weight to have more children. As I forked over my money for the first ten weeks, I truly believed that this was a big waste of money - I just knew I did not have the willpower. The journey has been amazing and fantastic. To make a long story short - Thursday, March 16th, I reached my goal weight after losing 53.2 pounds!!! Praise God! I know God made me beautiful inside and out and I always have been, but now I really feel it!

If anyone has ever considered Weight Watchers, I STRONGLY, HIGHLY recommend it! Using two words to describe it, I would have to say it is "real life." Nothing funky. No starvation or deprivation required.

Thank you to all of those who knew about this journey of mine and who prayed for me.

Before.............and.............After! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Wow, that is me on the left, really.

You are amazing, you are my hero.
The seasons of our lives as mothers....

No exercise huh? Wow.
Thank you so much for sharing, it really inspires me, thank you!