Saturday, April 01, 2006

One happy mommy!


I am one happy mommy! Posted by Picasa

I really am! Sometimes it takes looking at a wonderful photo like this to give me that reminder. This has been one of those odd weeks. I usually hate to make such sweeping general statements as this, but I told Brian this morning that it really has been "one of those weeks." I felt justified in saying so since it was Friday morning and I had 4 days worth of data to back up this statement. Today was no different. Lots of raised voices (from the kids, of course). Lots of time outs. Lots of arguing. Lots of resistance and complaining. All in all, it hasn't been too horrible. After all, I am still alive. ;) I think it has all been due to the weather (when in doubt always blame behavioral problems on the weather or a phase). Truly!!! It has been wet and rainy most of the week and we have been inside more than normal. Everyone is getting a little stir crazy. If weather has been our problem, then we have no excuse for next week. The forecast is great!

I don't know why, but tonight I feel very able to put the difficulties aside and actually look at the successes, the progress made and the little joys. Here they are:

1. Nicole is making real potty training progress!
2. I am managing to stay relatively calm (for the most part) despite the challenges.
3. Andrew is really cute.
4. Jacob is reading well and LOVES his math work.
5. I love reading and reading with the kids all curled up beside me on the sofa.

I look at these photos and I remember how happy I truly am and how much I love the vocation God gave me. He has entrusted me with these little people - to get them to Heaven. I love what I am doing and I want to find joy in the difficulties. If I do not, I know I will miss the little things that give me and my children so much joy. Tomorrow is another day. Next week is another week. Next MONTH I will look back and wonder "Whatever happened to this or that problem?"

Thank you God.

No comments: