Tuesday, September 05, 2006

As we begin a new week

Well, it is another one of those early mornings that I so dearly treasure. Who'd a thunk that waking up at 5:40 would be such a blessing??? Of course, I'm sure that the blessing would not be quite the same if I did not dedicate the majority of time to prayer.

We are ready to begin another week at home, schooling and just living the life God intends us to live. We did some school yesterday since we don't usually have big plans for Labor Day. Besides Jacob doesn't really know the difference and he woke up saying, "Yeah, we get to start school again today!" There are far biger holidays and feast days I'd rather take time off for.

Today Danielle Bean has a comment post on gratitude. What a wonderful way to start our day. I think instead of offering a comment there on her blog, I will offer up my thankfulness here.

*I am thankful for Brian's job: that it provides well for us, allows him time with us and that he loves what he does.

* I am thankful for my three, almost four beautiful, precious children. I cannot imagine my life without them.

*I am thankful for this early morning quiet time and for the Holy Spirit who gives me the "spirit" to actually get up.

*I am thankful for this opportunity to teach my children at home - what a wonderful thing!

*I am thankful for all for family loving me and putting up with me.

*I am thankful for my friends (3 in particular, you know who you are!) and the love, fun and support they provide.

*I am thankful for this computer and for blogs and email. What a wonderful way to connect and stay connected. What a joy to be in touch with other moms who encourage and uplift and make you laugh.

Oh, the list could go on and on. But I will stop there so I can go get ready for the day and be prepared to greet some little smiling (I hope) faces as they wake.

Other notable reading for the day:

Elizabeth Foss' entry entitles "Who is at home?"

Another Loveliness Fair at Castle of the Immaculate

No comments: