Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What's in your freezer?

Aside from approximately 9 different containers of Blue Bell ice cream, today our freezer contained "Frozen Chocolate Bananas."




For my birthday, my mom gave me a lovely Italian cookbook and passed on to the kids a cookbook for children that used to be mine. Jacob and Nicole were so thrilled to receive it. They argued over who got to look at it as we left the restaurant parking lot. Yesterday I let them each choose a recipe they liked to make. Last night at the store I got the necessary ingredients. We will make Nicole's recipe tomorrow. Today we made yummy frozen choclate bananas - Jacob's choice. We had them for dessert tonight and they really did turn out yummy.

Here is the recipe as we made it:

2 bananas
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
chopped peanuts (we used honey roasted)

Peel bananas and cut in half.
Put bananas on sticks or skewers.
Melt chocolate chips.
Roll bananas in chocolate. You may have to use a knife to help spread it.
Then roll bananas in peanuts.
Place on a wax paper lined pan.
Freeze.

I had to put them in the microwave about 15 seconds before we ate them.

Hope you enjoy! It was fun because the kids could do most of it on their own.

P.S. b-a-n-a-n-a is a difficult word to type over and over again.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

These look so yummy...I think I know what we'll be doing after lunch today!

Thanks!

andria said...

We are going to do these too as soon as I get some bananas, but minus the nuts because Adam can't have them.