Sunday, September 17, 2006

Food consumption worries

Whether baby is a boy or a girl, we will surely be blessed. But I'm beginning to think that if Baby #4 is a boy we might be in for a little trouble. I say this as I look back on yesterday's food consumption by Jacob (mostly) and Andrew (he's gaining momentum).

Since we weren't able to go to breakfast last Saturday for my birthday, Brian treated us all to a yummy IHOP breakfast yesterday morning. We made our choices and once they arrived, the feast began. Nicole ate small portions of her selection - pigs in pancake blankets with hashbrowns. She was more into drinking oceans of OJ. But Jacob????? Oh, no. He ate all of his very large pancake and the bowl of cinnamon apples and whipped cream that should have been on top. He ate his piece of bacon, sausage link and all his eggs (he commented that these were the best he thought he'd ever had). He drank all his milk. Then he offered to eat Nicole's sausage link since it was too spicy for her. He was very full and very pleased. He ate with such gusto. Andrew ate a whole yogurt, almost a whole banana and a good amount of pancakes and syrup. Whew!

Lunch was a little smaller portion wise since we had finished breakfast late, but by dinner time the boys were up to speed again. Andrew loves pizza. He ate 2 slices and a whole plum. And ice cream for dessert. (Yes, it's all health food) Jacob ate 5 slices of pizza, no fruit, gallons of water and managed to squeeze in a little ice cream as well.

Now, I know they don't eat like this every meal every day, but the possibilities are scary. Jacob easily finishes off adult size cheeseburgers when we eat out and has been known to eat 2 Whataburger cheeseburgers when out with grandparents (those softies) :)))

I wonder. I wonder about our grocery bill. I wonder if we'll need a bigger refrigerator (we're already buying a freezer). I wonder if we will ever go out to eat again in the future. I wonder how big Jacob will be. At his 5 year old check-up his pediatrician forecasted he would be about 6'2" and 210 pounds - oh boy!!!! Now, Andrew is a bit shorter in stature and not quite as high on the weight charts, but he has a stockiness about him that makes me wonder too. Little, but powerful!

But I will have to put these wonders on hold. Wednesday morning is our ultrasound at 18 weeks, but we will not find out what we are having. We never have and we really like it that way. It has been a lot of fun! So for the time being I will feed my children with love and start putting money away in a grocery savings plan.

3 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

I have got some wicked huge eaters, myself! Paxton has been been outeating almost all of us for the past few days. I am thinking that it's likely a growth spurt.

....or maybe I just need to start a little grocery savings plan of my own. Eek.

Mom of boys said...

Yep, I'm right with you! I have already been thinking about that 2nd refrigerator as Brennan still eats as much as I do, if not more, and Nicholas and Philip are starting to catch up. I can easily see where even McDonald's is starting to become a rare treat and I am making more from scratch versus boxed or processed foods. I'm glad that I like to cook!

Melissa said...

I'm thinking about you today, praying that all goes well with your ultrasound!

I agree that it's so much fun to "wait and be surprised"...we knew with Caitlyn that we were having a girl but I really liked the suspense of not knowing with the other two...kind of like waiting for Christmas morning to open your presents!