Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How DOES she do that?????

Danielle Bean has this uncanny knack for writing THE perfect blog entries and they seem to come just when I need to hear them. Take a moment and read up!

Today Andrew sick and Nicole has been cranky (probably still a little tired from all her San Antonio touring). Although we have fared rather well and I have remained calm and collected, it is still a more difficult day. I have felt frustrated with situations, sad at Andrew's poor condition and, of course, a little sorry for little old me. Selfish, but true. Then I am plagued with the thoughts of the future. Not the FUTURE future, as in years ahead, but the next couple of days future. How long will his illness last? Is he REALLY done throwing up? Who else will get it? Where? How? When? Who? WHY ME??? Silly, yes. Real life, yes.

Then I read Danielle's post and I am reminded that this day (or even a week, if it turns out so) of sickness and crankiness and wiping noses and cleaning up, is but a hiccup for God and only a small portion of this grand life he gave me to lead. It is hard to see, but this season of life will be over before I know it. No matter how many grand plans I make, God is in charge and all of His perfect plan serves to mold me and shape me. Start shaping. I am ready.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She's amazing, isn't she? Her post really put things into perspective for me, too.

Hope little Andrew is doing better and that the rest of you stay well!