Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Fruits of Our Late Night Labors

In preparation for Labor Day, my best friend and I had a quilting night last Wednesday. We began at 9pm after all our kids were settled in their own beds in their own homes. We quilted to the wee hour of midnight with great fun and excitement. We were both REALLY close to finishing our quilt tops! I finished mine somehwere between 11pm and 11:30pm. My dear friend, I think, had ideas of packing hers up and heading home. Not so fast! I said, "You are WAY too close to stop now. Keep going - I'll help." And so we pinned and sewed and unpinned and pressed some more. And then the moment arrived! We hugged each other in excitement as we revelled in our quilt tops - DONE!!!! What a fun night. Next, another night for the layering and pinning (yuck-o).




P.S. My friend's is the one on the top - lovely! And mine is the one on the bottom. What fun!

1 comment:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Too cool!! I am so envious of that amazing talent. Great job!

How is school going?