Wednesday, March 14, 2007

2 Week (well, 2 1/2) Checkup

Bright and early this morning we took Michael for his 2 week checkup. If you recall, when he left the hospital, he was down to 7 lbs. 3 oz. Two days after that he was back up to 7 lbs. 14 oz. And today he was a whopping 9 lbs 5.5 oz. I am so proud of my boy!

The funny part was his length measurement. His length at birth was measured at 19 1/2". I have been a bit doubtful of that measurement all a long. Even my shortest child so far, Andrew, was 21" at birth. We were interested to see his measurement today. Sure enough he was 22 3/4" long. Yep. Don't think he grew 3 1/4" in two weeks. I feel like such a fraud! Not really, but it is kind of disappointing to know that his record at birth isn't terribly correct. Oh, well.

And as for our spots (mine and Nicole's), well, we still have them. They haven't gone away, they haven't gotten worse or bigger, there aren't any more. So I showed the doctor today. He said it looks like ringworm. We'll see. If it goes away, it's not. If it changes, especially hers, then we have it and we'll treat it. Sounds like a plan to me! I just wish they could change the name to "circle fungus" or something like that. Ringworm just sounds so awful.

Things are still going well each day. We are getting ready (dressed, beds made, upstairs tidy, breakfast) by around 9:30. Our days have been going smoothly for the most part. Nothing out of the ordinary. The days have been rainy so I look forward to them getting outside when it dries up, but really things are going well. Michael does some good sleeping during the day and is starting to have more awake and happy time. Things change so quickly.

I am pretty tired tonight though. I am having trouble keeping my eyes open as I type. I don't get a nap during the day very often and I have probably been staying up to late and of course getting up in the night. So put all that together and it equals sleepy. So I guess I should listen to my body and head up to bed. Michael is sleeping on Brian while he watches TV so I think I'll catch a couple of cozy moments in my bed without my sidekick. But not too long or I'll miss him. He's a snuggly, cozy little sidekick. More photos soon!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good job, Mama! Sounds like little Michael is plumping up nicely! ;)

That IS a little disappointing about his recorded birth length, though. (There were a couple of inaccuracies with Meghan's delivery, too, and I still feel just a teensy bit sad about it.) I'm just impressed with what a strapping young brute you seem to have there! And perfectly kissable, I'm sure!

I'm so glad to hear that your days are going well. I can only imagine what it must be like to be caring for four young children! Somehow, though, I have a feeling that Jacob and Nicole are a big help to you. All of your children are just so sweet! :)

Hope you have a wonderful, RESTFUL day, friend!