Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A respite of sorts

I hate to say anything, but it seems most of all our worries and difficulties are over - at least for now. I know this is not a permanent state of freedom and peace, but I will take it for however long it lasts.

The stomach virus is gone. Nicole threw up that one more time last Wednesday night and that must have been its farewell. She did well after that and thankfully was well enough to spend time with her cousins in town this weekend. No one else ever got it. Praise be to God!

The ringworm is still here, but contained to Nicole and me. We are medicating ourselves with antifungal creme and I think I see some improvement.

Michael, of course, still seems to be doing just perfect - getting bigger each day. I can tell when I put the newborn outfits on him now that they fit a lot closer. His eyes are a lot wider and more attentive now and he really is good for his bath. Other than some peeling baby skin on his forehead and baby acne, he's a picture of perfection.

And yesterday, I went to the doctor. I spent the weekend fretting about the condition of my incision. When the nurse returned my call yesterday, they had me come in and have it looked at. It was great to hear that I have a perfect looking, wonderfully healing incision. It is so hard to know, especially this being my first. I feel so much better about that.

Today has been a lovely day. Lovely weather. The kids have spent lots of time outside. Jacob has been bird watching and drawing pictures in his nature notebook. They ate their leftover pizza lunch outside. I even had some time to sit and play and do puzzles with Andrew and Nicole.

Next week we will attempt to get back to our school work, but I am just wanting to enjoy this week with no sickness, no major concerns and lots of sunny spring weather. Hopefully this weekend we can make some headway on our yard work. The backyard really needs some clean up for spring. I told Brian I was making a list today!!!

Well, I am off to go read with Jacob and Nicole. Andrew and Michael are asleep. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement as we met all these challenges over the last 3 weeks. I knew there would be an end in sight, but sometimes by doubts and discouragement would get the best of me. I am so ready to inaugurate a new normal.

2 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Oh that's wonderful news, Celeste! Do enjoy the rest of this week with no commitments or deadlines. Just relish and bask.

Have a great productive weekend as well! :)

Cheers-

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better! I think it's wonderful that you all are getting to spend some time outside...isn't it amazing how good some sunshine and fresh air can feel? :)