Wednesday, March 21, 2007

While they are out

While Jacob and Nicole are still happily Play-doh-ing OUTside and Andrew and Michael are OUT cold asleep, I have been busy.

This may not sound like a real important task, but if you know me and my relationship with books, you will understand it's necessity. There is a very large Houston Public Library book sale coming up in April. I adore it (Blair, you need to come!). But each year at the sale (as well as when I am at Half Price Books), I stand there wondering, "Do we have this one already?" This is especially true where our favorite authors and collections are concerned. So I just made my list of these major categories. I am so proud of myself!

The list includes:

Peterson Field Guides
Golden Guides
Make-it-Work series
Discoveries Science series
If You.... history series (e.g., If You Sailed On the Mayflower in 1620)
A Picture Book of.... history series (e.g., A Picture Book of George Washington)
Little House on the Prairie series
Nancy Drew series
Christmas book collection

And also includes books by these favorite authors:

Tomie DePaola
Virginia Lee Burton
C.W. Anderson (Billy and Blaze horse books)
Robert McCloskey
Margaret Hodges
Holling
D'Aulaire

All in all, these books alone comprise 107 of our book stash. I shudder to think how many more books we must have. This is just a small fraction. I am sure Brian will laugh as he reads this. I know as we bring home more books to love, I only see the endless possibilities within their pages. I think Brian sees "another bookshelf". Hee hee.

Once again, I must say, I LOVE BOOKS!

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

You are sooooo organized!! 4 kids, new baby, and look at what you accomplish! Can I borrow you for just a week or so to organize my home.

Enjoy the book sale. I can't wait to hear what bargains you find.