Monday, June 08, 2009

A Few Favorites

My children, of course. Actually, this photo was taken right before we left for Galveston Schlitterbahn on Saturday morning. Brian's work does a company picnic there. They offer greatly discounted tickets and a wonderful lunch. The kids LOVE Schlitterbahn. They were so excited to go!



We had a wonderful time! At some point during our seven hours at the water park, I told Brian. "You know, we have absolutely fantastic kids!" I told him what I was feeling on my heart. I was having such a wonderful time. It was all pure joy and fun and pleasure. The kids were so great. They seemed to enjoy every little thing and they were so good. So often it seems at home that all I do is put out fires. That day, God brought it once more to my heart and mind, what wonderful kids they are and how incredibly blessed I am. Not because they can hack a super long hot day at a water park and not complain - many kids can do that. I think I just saw so clearly what little gems they are. So, hands down, they are top on my list of favorite things. And that's even after a rough, cranky day after a long weekend. Praise God!



Generations! Mikey's hand and my dad's hand! Love it. Love it.


A beautiful new vase given to us by my sister as a housewarming gift. And it's filled with beautiful hydrangeas!


My children's relationship with books. The summer reading program began today at our city library. It makes me laugh because Jacob and Nicole were all pumped to start reading and earn their prizes, but they never need incentive to read. They just do. It's like eating for them. Jacob is a voracious reader. He exclaimed to me late in the day, "Wow! I've read five hours today!" I told him that's about how much he reads every day! Nicole has spent this Kindergarten year learning to read and now with 7 or 8 weeks left to go, she is reading beautifully, sounding out difficult words right and left. She too has a love affair with books. Even Andrew now never wants to miss the stories. I loved this photo because it just captures our feelings towards the written word.



And to close with...the words to my favorite Christian song as of late. I love so many of them, but this one says a lot to me right now. It is the first song on my playlist. Blessings and good night!

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

Or as Mike commented after t-ball and the waterpark..."those H.. kids, they always have a smile on their face!"