On Friday night I finished the top to my Soiree Stacked Coins quilt. I love how it turned out. I used bleached white Kona muslin for the sashing, but I didn't like working with it. It seemed a little too stretchy for my taste and resulted in a bit of rippling that I don't care for. I think it will smooth pretty well when I pin baste it and quilt it, but I'm not sure I'd use it again.
Then today I finished up the base squares for my Branch Birdies quilt. I will add white around each square before I put all the squares together. Of course, I think I'll skip muslin and go for the Quilter's Only Cotton at JoAnn's this time. I love these birdies. They are patterned after this quilt. When I saw this original quilt, I knew I had to get my hands on some of the bird fabric which is actually a crib sheet from Pottery Barn Kids. Got my precut squares off ebay. Love the way these turned out!