Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The First Day!

Well, it was a success - all around. I managed to get up and get going and that really ehlped things to get off great! Jacob was so excited to begin. He asked so many times during the morning when we would begin. And after breakfast, clean up, etc. we finally did. Lessons went smoothly and, shall I say, quickly. There is that nice little homeschooling thing where you can move on when or if you know your child has "got it" or if to do a particular activity would just belabor the topic or make it boring! I like that. There really is no need to review red, green, blue and yellow 3 times with Jacob! Others might need it, but like I said he's "got it." But on the flip side, he was having trouble recalling (immediately after reading it) what God created each of the first four days of Creation. So we spent a little longer there and even made a little picture chart we could review with. I really do like that aspect!

All said, it took us about 2 and 1/2 hours to complete everything - that's into account readin storybooks not in the plan and several breaks. We began at 9am and had quite a lot done by 9:20. :) So I'm not even sure 2 and 1/2 hours is accurate for actual work time. I am sure it may take longer in future weeks/months, but it is nice to have a slow (quick?) start.

We are looking forward to another day. It is early (6:30 - been up since 5:40) and time for me to go get ready for the day. May yours be blessed as well.



2 comments:

Melissa said...

How precious! Thanks so much for sharing your first day with us!

Also, thanks for all the links you provided in your last entry...lots of good stuff there, and I loved seeing what you all will be using this year!

Hope you all have a super day!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Too cute for words!!! I love it!!

Have a great school year!