Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Princess!

I should have written this post yesterday, but I never got to it. By the time the kids were in bed, I was headed the same direction! I'm sorry, Little Princess, that this is not more timely. But Happy Birthday just the same!

Four years ago, on February 17th, we welcomed our precious baby girl into the world. And now I cannot imagine the world without her. It all began on a Sunday evening, as Daddy, Jacob and I finished up pizza in front of the T.V. As I maneuvered myself out of my seat in a tiny little children's chair, my water broke just a little. My parents came to fetch Jacob and take him home with them. Then off to the hospital we went. There were no contractions, so we waited until 1:00 am when they induced labor. Nicole Marie was born a short six and a half hours later.

What a joy you have been to us, precious girl. So sweet and yet so decisive and strong. So girly and yet not afraid to dig in the dirt. You are thoughtful and caring. You are your favorite color, pink, through and through. You take delight in Mary and the Saints. I am convinced they visit you in your dreams - Joan, Therese, Bernadette. Sometimes your temper gets the best of you (a lot like Mommy), but I know this will bring out in you great spirit and character and an enthusiasm for Christ and His Church. I love how you love certain things with such firmness - chicken nuggets, monkey, pickles, ballet and princesses. I love watching you grow and become more beautiful day by day. I love you little Nicole. Happy Birthday!

February 17, 2003


February 17, 2004


February 17, 2005


February 17, 2006


February 17, 2007

5 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Nicole. Katie misses you. Birthday cards will be coming soon!!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Happy birthday to Nicole Marie, from Nicole Marie! Man, that's a great name. :)

For just one second I thought that the first picture was of your new baby!!

You will post pics, won't you?! :)

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Nicole! Hope you enjoyed your very special day!

Blair said...

Aw, happy birthday, Nicole! She is just a doll and I hope our girly girls can meet sometime soon!

mom-in-training said...

Happy Birthday, Nicole! You are no doubt a little princess, in every way. We love you!

-Mr. Bill, Miss Robin, Alex, Nathan and Amy