Monday, February 05, 2007

My kitchen floor

is no longer the most filthy place on the face of the earth.

It has been vacuumed and mopped. It soooooooo needed it! Every time I walked in there over the weekend, I cringed. But cleaning it then would have been futile. The kids were playing outside and it still has not dried up completely in the swamp that used to be our yard. Brian was doing work on cabinets in the garage all weekend. Yes, futile at the least.

So this morning I met the floor with determination. It did not fight back. I even think I heard it sigh in relief.

And thankfully the weather has been lovely today, so we gave the floor (and mom) an break and ate our lunch out in the driveway!

We'll see how it looks after dinner!

5 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

Care to mop mine?? Along with dishes, this is definately a dreaded chore. I do manage to vacuum mine almost daily though.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

You go girl! 37 weeks pregnant AND still mopping regularly? You're amazing.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Okay....it's killing me! Are you in the hospital? Are you in labor? Has your water broken all over that sqeaky clean kitchen floor?

I miss you and keep thinking you must have delivered. That's just me, being neurotic. Pardon my lapse.

;) Have a great weekend-

Melissa said...

LOL!!! I've been totally thinking the same thing! Whenever you're "quiet" for a few days I think "Ohmygosh--she's having a baby!" :)

Hope all is well, can't WAIT to hear some news!

Anonymous said...

Good job on getting that floor mopped.

Congratulations on the upcoming baby. I found my way here from Melissa's. I can't remember how I came across Melissa's, LOL. When your sick with nothing to to and don't feel like moving... you visit blogs.

Blessings,
Theresa