Sunday, September 07, 2008

Iffy Ike

Well, Hurricane Ike is looking a bit, well, ambiguous at this point.


See what I mean? It is still pretty far out there and a lot can change once it crosses over Cuba and out in to the Gulf. It can change for better or for worse for anyone along the Gulf Coast, including us here in the Houston/Galveston area. But right now things aren't looking too wonderful (see below).


Hmm. So I made our reservations for the same hotel where we had evacuation reservations ready and waiting over the Labor Day holiday weekend. I really don't want to do this. I do not want to evacuate. I do not want a hurricane here.

So, I know all of you have put in lots of prayers for everybody that was in the path of Gustav and suffered its damage. But now it's time for some hurricane Ike prayers. Prayers for everyone inside that yellow cone, including us!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Even though it seriously looks more like they are forecasting towards LA, I too made reservations. Better safe than sorry!