Monday, January 15, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Many people complain about Texas weather, especially Houston, Texas weather. It is usually warm here when it should be cold and HOT when it should be warm. And we do get a little giddy as cold weather approaches. Today we have hovered at 40 degrees all day and the temperatures will be going down to freezing tonight with a good chance tonight and tomorrow for "wintry mix," better known as freezing rain and sleet. I am looking forward to it. The kids are excited. Yes, we are mighty silly. Bring on the cold!!!!

And to all you fellow bloggers out there that have REAL cold weather, just don't laugh at us too hard! :))

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hurray! Cold!

What's so funny is that not ten minutes before reading this tonight, Darren and I were watching the weather channel and I said to him, "Is that SNOW?! In Houston?!" I was so excited for you guys! Hope you enjoy your wintry weather!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Oh, not laughing at all! ;) I totally get it.

It is currently 17 degrees and snowing here and we love it too! Snow is so dang fun with kiddos. I love how cold and snowy our winters are and I love how hot and dry our summers are (Eastern Washington is like a desert in that respect).

I lived in Florida for two years in high school and I HATED the fact that it was warm when we celebrated Christmas and New Year's. It's just so wrong!

:) Cheers-

Crafty Mom said...

YAY!! Finally you guys can enjoy winter with the rest of us. We got snow off and on all day, but nothing that stayed. Thankfully we avoided all that nasty ice. Gotta say, I still miss your dramatic changes in weather though.