Monday, January 29, 2007

Thrusday Art Practice

First, let me say I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged. I am slow and tired - forgive me!

Last Thursday afternoon, we took on another art adventure. The week before we had experimented with our oil pastels and copied the cat picture. This week, inspired by Suzanne's watercolor masterpieces, we decided to try out our own watercolors. I have had watercolor pencils for a long time (used them in stamping occaisionally) so I bought us some watercolor paper and inexpensive brushes at Hobby Lobby. We had loads of fun and can't wait to do it again!

I think my favorite part was sitting down painting with them. So often in my role as mother and teacher, I am instructing and leading the children on how to make a particular art project. Glue here. Cut there. But these art Thursdays have been a time when I sit with them at the table and just create WITH them. It is such a joy! I have absolutely loved it.

Here are our results!


Nicole's abstract



Jacob's horse and foal



Mommy's flowers

1 comment:

Kristen Laurence said...

These are beautiful!