Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ready, Set, Go

Well it is 6:45am, I am up (been up for an hour), I have had my quiet prayer time and I am ready to go. After many days of not doing this early morning routine, it was especially hard to "hop" out of bed this morning. But I knew this is what I need and have been missing. Today is more the first REAL day of the New Year for me - Brian heads back to work (sniff, sniff) and we return to our routine (minus the school part and kids activities that don't resume till next week). I have some thoughts in my head on resolutions and I really like Michelle's monthly resolutions - all this needs more thought, like so many other things.

Happy New Year to you all and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Hi!

Sounds like you're off to a great start, Celeste. I need to get back to starting early in the mornings too. I had so much more inner peace all day when I was doing that.

I was waiting to respond to your question on my blog about what I was trying to let go of. I just didn't know what exactly, or how much rather, I should say.

I am a controlling person. I am emotive, communicative, and I like to solve problems. EVERYONE"S problems. The thing is, they don't always WANT me to solve their problems. Does that make sense? I am really trying to let go and let people in my life ( particularly my in-laws) make choices that I wouldn't make. I try to change who they are and and always trying to convince them that their lives could be better.

Ahh.....there are obviously other things I have issues letting go of ( children's idiocyncrocies, other peoples' motivation levels, when the mail shows up, etc...) but this is by far the biggest for me right now.

How bout you?