Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I know I'm supposed to offer this up

BUT

currently I am trying to find away around a totally tedious job. Each week, I dread the day of doing the children's laundry! I can usually get it done in a couple of loads. I don't mind the hanging up/putting away. But I am thoroughly annoyed by standing at the washing machine with my bottle of Spray 'n Wash for 20 minutes at a time. Checking each piece for stains. There are many!!!! Are my kids just super messy? I add Oxy Clean to their load. But I want a magic solution!!!! Don't we all? Anybody have any ideas about how to make this tiring little job a little easier?

Until then I will try my hand at prayer and offering it to God.

4 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Keep a bottle of that spray and wash in their rooms, or in the bathroom ( up high and out of reach of course) or wherever they undress at the end of the day. Right before those close head into the hamper, give them a quick spray and just let them soak in it until laundry day! I think it'll save you lots of time later.

Cheers!!

When is your due date??/

Crafty Mom said...

My suggestion for what it is worth is to just forget the spray and wash. I only use it on the good clothes the kids have and then I do it right away when the clothing is on its way to the laundry room. Kids get dirty and messy and most clothes I have found do not stain, and if they do, does it really matter??

june cleaver said...

Do what I do... ignore the stains, and then when you are out in public and someone sees your child with stains on their clothes simply say "look how you got your breakfast all over you-we are going to have to go straight to (insert expensive department store here) and buy you a whole new outfit. It works wonders!
Good luck!

Michelle said...

I use Tide and have little problems with stains. Be sure to wash new clothes before the kids wear them - the stain-fighting properties in the detergent stick with the clothes to prevent stains from forming. If allergies are a problem, see if a second rinse prevents irritation of delicate skin.

And...dress your kids in dark colors and patterns!