Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tired and Slow

That would be ME! With about a month and a half to go, I have hit that stage of pregnancy I remember oh, so well. The funny thing is that each time I find myself thinking that maybe I will skip this part this time around. It is that tired, achy, slow-moving, waddling, limping stage. Thankfully it comes so late in pregnancy. It is that reminder to me that things are moving quickly and baby's arrival will be here before we know it. Hard to believe!

Despite my physical constraints and my tendency to lumber along, we have been mighty busy this week. Here I was so excited to return to normal after all the Christmas hustle and bustle. And I'm beginning to wonder which is actually the busier. I can't complain. We have had a basically wonderful week. This week found us back on the school wagon again, putting into effect all those changes I discussed. With our first week completed, I can say I am quite pleased with how the changes all worked out.

* The science was a lot more fun and both Jacob and Nicole really enjoyed it. We began the book on weather and had fun with it. It was much more stimulating for all of us.

* They did well with the memory verse and Jacob did a lovely job writing it out for copywork. He plans to take it to Mass with him on Sunday.

* Jacob enjoyed the new history book and they both loved the country study that we added on Wednesdays. Yesterday we learned about Italy and made a yummy new pasta dish for dinner (they both helped). We read a non-fiction book and also several Italian legends by Tomie dePaola. They were both fascinated with the information about the volcanic disaster at Pompeii.

* They loved our Tuesday Tea Time. We had made homemade blueberry muffins (with real blueberries) so we had those with our tea. I think I was the only one who drank all her tea. :) That's OK - there's more to it than just tea. We talked about our painting that we had displayed, a Renoir. They had some good things to say about it.

* And our Bible narration went much better using the other Bible.

Monday afternoon we got back to Jacob's horseback riding lessons. Tuesday we had friends over for lunch and play and Nicole had her ballet that afternoon. Wednesday Andrew had his flu shot booster and then we all went to park day with our Catholic homeschool group - the perfect day for it. Today we ran an errand and had our weekly library visit after lunch. And last, but not least, tomorrow we head back to our weekly homeschool co-op. Jacob and Nicole are very excited and we are all hopeful Andrew will have a happy time (prayers needed :) ).

Added on to all this was my fresh start for accomplishing housework. I have done well here and it is so refreshing. I am really happy with the way the chores are planned out and seems like it will work well. Laundry and chores have gotten done! Yippee! We even got our homemade bread made today (bread machine, of course).

We are ahead on tasks this evening. I am getting a blog entry in before my mind turns to complete mush. Brian and the kids are going through a box of all his Boy Scout mementos - Jacob is really wanting to join Cub Scouts next year. I think I will go join them for this walk down memory lane from before even I was around.

1 comment:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

I am exhausted just listening to all that you have done in four days. Whew. You're amazing. I am hoping that energy will come in another month or so, but I'm thinking that it might just be my life right now.

Three kids, four and under? Can I use that as an excuse? Although, I see that you and Melissa don't. Okay, I guess I'll have to come up with something else.

:) Cheers-