Sunday, January 07, 2007

Epiphany

The children have been looking forward to celebrating this feast. I had contemplated keeping up ALL the Christmas decorations through today, but I was ready to de-Christmas before we began afresh with our schooling on the 8th. So we boxed away everything except our Nativity (I love it so, I think I could leave it up year round). For now we only have one of the three Wise Men, Gaspar, and he has been travelling through the house this week getting ever closer to the stable. Jacob and Nicole were very excited this morning to finally move him near to the Baby Jesus. What a lovely tradition and how much it teaches with so little effort. Hopefully, Gaspar will have a few travelling companions next year (hint, hint, Gamma), but until then I think the kids still got the point.

Midmorning we spent some time reading a couple of wonderful books and making some jeweled crowns. We read an absolutely beautiful story called They Followed A Bright Star.




We happened upon this one at the library on Thursday and we loved it. If you can find it, I highly recommend it. Loved it! We also read, from the library since it is not for sale anymore, The Story of the Three Wise Kings by Tomie dePaola. He is still one of our favorite author/illustrators and for good reason. I will have to look for this one at the GIANT Houston Public Library book sale this spring. I have gotten many hardcover copies of his books there. Love them

I pray your day is blessed. May we all contemplate what gifts we can offer to Jesus daily.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Epiphany! Sounds like you all had a great day!