Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm back!

Well, it's been quite a few days since I last "blogged." Yes, there have been big goings on here and there to account for this lapse of literary wandering - praparing a friend's baby luncheon, somewhat sicky baby, busy weekend up ahead. But, you know most of all, it is just the little daily things about life as a mom of three wee ones that has kept me away from the keyboard. It's not that I don't turn on the computer or keep up with email, etc., it's just that I need a little more of my brain available to write my award winning prose - hee hee! Oh, well.

Today has been a tired day. Andrew is still not over his little cold symptoms. He's not really too sick, just snotty. Yippee! I am tired for lots of reasons, but still the children keep needing me. Isn't that amazing? And I think I forgot to make my morning coffee. Maybe I'll fix a pot anyway and call it late afternoon coffee. No matter what I term it, I'm sure the pick-me-up would do me good.

Saturday I went to a local quilt show with my mother-in-law and I was once again inspired. I love quilting. It is such a beautiful, pleasing, comforting art. She and I each bought the same thing. A stakc of 52 5" squares in the loveliest fabrics. I began planning, constructing and sewing immediately. I am interested to see what my mother-in-law does with hers. Mine is tuirning out nicely. I shall post progress. I am hoping to work on it tonight, but we shall see. The fabrics are gorgeous and so springy. Gotta love it!

No comments: