Thursday, May 11, 2006

Truly an Adventure!

Well, it's 2:30pm, the 2 littler ones are napping, Jacob is reading quietly and I should be napping, but first things first. We have survived another adventure - strep! Yippee! Brian and I had been feeling sickish since Saturday afternoon, but not too horrible. Lumpy throat, fever and for me lots of joint pain. The problem was we couldn't shake this thing and the kids were beginning to wonder what our problem was. Every evening I was having these fevers and was totally debilitated by this hideous joint pain. If I got on the floor, I was never getting up. Finally, yesterday morning I decided to call the doctor - I hate having to do that. I made an appointment for me at 9am and one for Brian at 2pm. I went and come to find out, after that LOVELY stick rammed down your throat rapid strep test, I was actually positive for strep!??! Go figure. I was pretty surprised. I was sure it had to be "just a virus." I mean, isn't it always "just a virus." You spend lots of energy taking ALL the children to the doctor during a given illness just to hear those fated words, "just a virus." While I didn't think I wanted to hear I had strep, I was quite overjoyed at the fact that finally someone had something that could be treated with an antibiotic. I think we mothers always secretly hope it is antibiotic treatable. Anyway, he wrote a prescription for me and one for Brian and said I could cancel Brian's appointment. We should not be contagious any longer, but now I am watching the older two. Hooray. Probably just in time for our 2 birthday parties on Saturday. I pray not, but at least if they do start showing symptoms, I know what it is. :)

Other than the strep thing, life isn't so bad. Thank you Lord that I can say that. I know it is His help that enables me to utter those words - not me on my own. Somehow I am also managing to allow myself to be lazy. That is RARE! Other than a little laundry and maintaining the kitchen, I am trying to take it easy.

Just help me remember that the next time Brian and I both have sore throats, he gets to go first. That way he can have the nurse gag him instead! Awful!

1 comment:

andria said...

We have 2 parties on Saturday as well. I am sure we will see you at one of them!

Hope yall are feeling better.