Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday, blessed Sunday!

And what a blessed day it was!

It began well. Brian and I had decided last night that we would attempt 7:30am Mass with the kids so that Andrew could be home taking both of his naps today. Usually his first nap is next to nothing when we go to our typical 9:30am Mass. He has been a little sick and his schedule was messed up yesterday, so we thought a couple of good naps would be in store. We got up and got ready in record time - no breakfast (that helps). Mass went beautifully. I lasted all the way to the Consecration (40 min into Mass) without having to get up with Andrew!!!! Usually, we are up and out after 15 min. because he gets tired and restless. We went and got donuts afterwards at our neighborhood Paul's Donuts and enjoyed the morning. I just don't know how to explain it, but Brian and I really enjoyed it! Things weren't rushed. The house wasn't in chaos and mess as we left. The children were well behaved. Breakfast wasn't rushed. The church wasn't crowded (plenty of room to stand and roam about in the back when I finally had to). After years of going to 8:00am Mass growing up, I never thought I would want to go that early! Now we are tempted to try it again. It is entirely possible that the whole thing was a fluke.

The morning was relaxed and after lunch Brian and Jacob went golfing with Pappa. Nicole and Andrew had naps while I worked on Kindergarten lesson plans (I am getting excited!). After naps we trooped over to Gamma and Pappa's house for dinner and playtime. The chicken cordon bleu got rave reviews from both adults and children alike. Now the kids are in bed and I am typing while intermittently snacking.

Points of interest:

** We have been planning our trip to Arkansas. Looks like we will be staying here before heading to the conference.

** I just ordered this lovely guide for use in our homeschooling. It comes highly recommended and looks lovely. I can't wait to get it and will let you know how it turns out!

** One of my closest friends just started her own blog. I am thrilled because I miss her and her family very much. This way I can see pics of their happy faces.

Until next time, I pray you have a wonderful Memorial Day rest and that you may take join in Jesus' Ascension into Heaven!

1 comment:

andria said...

You will be about 10 min. from my uncle and the rest of my family. it is beautiful there.

I am having trouble publishing my blog here. hope all is well