Saturday, December 30, 2006

Devotions Meme

I was not tagged for this one, but I enjoyed reading it on some other blogs. So, I thought I would take a stab at it myself.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Morning Offering

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Rosary. I wish I was in the habit of saying it more because it brings me such peace and serenity. Any suggestions on fitting it in?

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear the Miraculous medal on a bracelet that I wear everyday.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
I do have some in a bottle. I used to want to keep all our holy water fonts full, but I was not very successful at remembering and it always seemed to dry up so quickly. Again, another thing I would like to be better at maintaining.

5. Do you offer up your sufferings?
I really try to. I have read of the practice over and over again, especially from St. Josemaria. But as Elizabeth Foss said, I don't truly understand it.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No, but that might be a good goal. I want to get back to adding on that one daily Mass a week. And so maybe First Friday could be one of those.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
Nope. No excuses here. Just don't do it. We don't have perpetual adoration, but there are some churches nearby that do. Another resolution? I do try to stop in when I can with the children to say "hello."

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
I definitely prefer going Sunday mornings and lately it has been the early 7:30 am Mass.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes, for all three meals.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Bernadette, St. Therese, St. Gianna

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes. Repetition, repetition, repetition.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
I really try to do this - maintaining a continual presence of God. It is difficult because my mind gets cluttered and busy. It is such a beautiful thing though when I make the effort.

13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
At home, downstairs in our big comfy chair, early in the morning.

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
I did not grow up doing this, but I began many years back and have taught the children to do so. Often times when we are all in the car, one of the children will volunteer to lead the prayer all on their own.

This was more humbling than I thought it would be!

I tag: Michele and Melissa - Enjoy!

No comments: