Sunday, December 03, 2006

I think it is official

What started out as a couple of miscellaneous snowmen here and there several years ago, has blossomed.

I think it officially deserves "collection" status.



They are all just so irresistibly cute! I can't pass up snowmen when I see them. This year I added the skinny one with the black hat and no arms, the fat one with the black hat (towards the back), the adorable snowman head on the spring. I just love them all. I think I spent around $15 on all 3. The first two I got at Hobby Lobby last week and the one on the spring I got at our parish's craft show on Friday. Way too cute. Oh, and I almost for got the little tealight lap on the right that I grabbed up at Lowe's for $6.

I think this collection bug is something I inherited from my mother. She had (and still does) a Santa collection, a Christmas bear collection and an angel collection. I always loved putting them out each year. I adored them all. It was like seeing old friends again. I hope my children will enjoy the little things we collect and decorate with too. Hopefully they will bring happy memories.

4 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Too cute. My mom-in-law LOVES snowmen as much as you do. It's always so fun for the kids!!

Melissa said...

Your snowmen are too sweet! Such cheerful little faces are so hard to resist! :)

Happy Advent!

Anonymous said...

Your kids will love getting out the snowman collection each year. It will be like seeing old friends again. Cute!

mom-in-training said...

I love your collection! As you know, snowmen are my favorite, too! But I guess you're even more tempted since you don't obsess over the ones with stick arms. :)