Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Jacob!

To my precious first born, my precious first son - Happy 6th Birthday!

Six years ago we were so excited and couldn't wait to meet you. But you were running late. We were expecting you around December 16th, but you decided you were not ready to make your appearance just yet! So as the 22nd rolled around we thought we might try the doctor's silly suggestion and add a little castor oil to a milkshake - just "to get things going." It did and you were born approximately 7 hours later - December 23rd at 4:36 in the morning. What an incredible Christmas present!



And so here we are, six years, 55 pounds and 49 inches later. You are a magnificent boy in every way! You impress me with your thoughtfulness and sensitivity to the things of God. You love to read and learn and I love to watch you do it. You are a super big brother and a big helper to mom and dad. With every day, I enjoy seeing how you grow, hearing what you are thinking and smiling at your bright smile and contagious laughter.



I love you so much Jacob. I want you to know how much more beautiful my life is because of you. I thank God for sending you to me to care for you, teach you, love you and learn from you. Happy Birthday, Son!

1 comment:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

So beautiful, Celeste. Happy Birthday Jacob and Happy Birthday Jesus!

Merry Christmas.