Friday, December 08, 2006

Husband test

You know you have an absolutely top-notch, extraordinary husband when he more than willingly agrees to hang your Christmas lights on the house. Big deal, you say! I know many husbands do the same. But you see, mine is different. Brian hung these pretty new red and green icicle lights on our two story roof AFTER he had already hung our plain old string of white lights 2 weeks ago. What a guy!

You know you are pregnant AND a bit crazy when you see these pretty new red and green icicle lights at Wal-Mart and decide they would look so much more festive than that plain old string of white lights your husband ALREADY hung. You then proceed to bring them home anyway, rationalizing that you could always just use them starting next year. What a fruitcake I am! :)

So yesterday morning, dear Brian and Robin's husband Bill set to REhanging the lights. I so appreciate Bill's help. I am a bit disturbed though. He helped out so willingly and seemed to ask so few questions as to why we were rehanging lights. I have concluded 2 things about Bill as well. #1 - He is a super duper fantastic husband too and #2 - He realized long ago that his wife's best friend was a bit nutty. hee hee hee.

Thanks to both husbands, but especially mine. You are mine and I am terribly thankful for that gift. I love you so much. Not just for rehanging our lights, but for loving me beyond compare.

P.S. Brian, thanks for the new faucet in the kitchen too even though the other one wasn't old. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You crack me up! I could TOTALLY see myself doing something like this!

Bravo to your dear husband! And Robin's, too! :)

mom-in-training said...

I think it's because of that other reason we discussed yesterday - I'm a bit crazy, too!!! :)

Jill said...

This is why I love reading your blog- totally something I would do, and my wonderful husband (though probably secretly rolling his eyes) would humor me in!