Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Story for Life

I almost forgot about this neat little Sunday evening occurrence until I opened my purse on the way to the grocery store last night.

We went to Mass on Sunday evening since we were all worn out from Saturday. That is our parish's Life Teen Mass and it is very popular. As we walked into Church and through the foyer, a woman and her pre-teen daughter stopped me. She said that she hated to ask the obvious, but I was expecting a baby, right? I said yes. Her daughter handed me a hand crafted cross that she had made in CCE recently. She had carved into the back of the fired clay cross, "He who gives life will live forever." How beautiful! I was so touched and amazed. They apologized profusely for bothering me to stop. Not a problem! I am blessed to have been chosen. It seems the students had been instructed to give their cross to a mom with a newborn or an expectant mom. I won the prize that night! I gave the young girl, Angelica, a hug and thanked her with a hint of tears in my eyes. What a blessing she had been to me. I hope she knows that. I pray that whatever lesson on life this hand-craft was connected with will remain with her forever so that someday she may recall the same words, "He who gives life will live forever," and act upon them!

May God bless her!

No comments: