Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Dum Dum Dum

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust!

(Thank you Queen - so appropriate)

Today was looking UP! Andrew had no fever all night and has had no fever thus far today. But UP soon came DOWN. Jacob has looked a bit pale this morning in my estimation, but I'm just an uptight, nervous, worried Mom - what do I know? At this point if someone blinks their eye funny, I start wondering. I kept asking if he was OK and he kept answering yes. Before lunch, he got a blanket to lay on the sofa and watch the current video selection. Hmmmmmm. Now I'm really wondering. I fetched the thermometer and sure enough 100.1. Another five days? Who knows anymore. All my best efforts to protect the others have been useless. Is Michael next (my worst fear)? I pray not.

I am seriously worn out, discouraged, bitter and frustrated. This has been going on for 13 days now. I so long for normal life again. I know sickness is part of life as a "normal" family, but I miss the way things usually are. I really don't feel like I can handle much more. I guess God thinks otherwise. I know He is not sending this to us to be mean and I am not mad at God, by any means. Just tired in so many ways. It leaves me to wonder what am I supposed to learn here? I am trying not to be a hopeless, teary, blubbering mess of a mother, but it is hard to fight.

I would say that I hope Jacob is over this more quickly than Andrew and Nicole, but I am a little lacking in the hope department, especially where this virus is concerned. What a monster of a virus.

PLEASE pray for me and most especially little Michael. I'll pray for you.

No comments: