Wednesday, July 25, 2007

We are getting there

Back to normal, that is. I am still sick, but thanks to Ibuprofen, I can function pretty normally. Yesterday I noticed these signs that things are getting back to normal (?)

1. The "sick mat" is no longer in its proud spot on the floor near the fireplace.

2. My children are no longer strewn about the den, magically hypnotized by the gentle flicker of the "tube."

3. The loudest noise is no longer the sound of the current video selection, but that of children arguing with, I mean, playing with each other.

4. Toys once again litter the floors.

5. Mom has her old job back - cleaning on top of and underneath the kitchen table three times a day.

6. And, at the end of the day, as your fever is rising and you think you are hallucinating again, you find this in your freezer:


If you can't quite make it out, that's OK. I'll help. It is a Hot Wheels size toy bulldozer
frozen in a large bowl of ice. That's the quality of our science experiments these days.

No comments: