Tuesday, July 17, 2007

On and on and on and on

Sickness, that is.

Andrew is still sick. He still has fever. While he has not seemed as sick as Nicole was, it is still the same nasty virus. Hopefully, that means in the next day or two he will be well. Then we sit and wait to see if anyone else comes down with it. I am praying that this will be the end, but it is hard to get my hopes up, especially after watching Robin battle the same thing in her family for weeks. I am becoming bitter, discouraged, frustrated, discontented and very tired. I try to look on the bright side and be positive, but it is difficult. With each passing day, it becomes more difficult. We never had much of an Anniversary celebration. We missed our trip to visit family this past weekend. We haven't done anything normal as a family in what seems like forever! I am ready for some fun and normalcy around here. Yes, I know, I here the violins playing too. It is easy to wallow in my own little pity party. But I must not.

This morning these words of Paul in Scripture came to mind. Divinely planted there, I am sure.

"Not that I complain of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:11-12

I think of all Paul endured.

"Five times I have received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I have been beaten with rods; once I was stoned. Three times I have been shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brethren; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure."
2 Corinthians 11:24-27

I know for a fact that if he can learn this contentment amidst his momentous trials, I can surely try harder with God's grace to find contentment in my small trials.

So that is my job for today and I am praying for success.

You pray for me. I'll pray for you.

2 comments:

mom-in-training said...

Have hope - it WILL end! We seem to be well over here, though I probably shouldn't say that out loud just yet. ;) In the mean time, many prayers for a quick/continued end to this icky bug in both our homes!

Crafty Mom said...

I am sooo sorry to hear that you guys are still fighting the bug battle. Just keep reminding yourself that it can't last forever.