Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am thankful for...

Thanksgiving food.

:)

Well, it is almost 7am. My house actually smells a little Thanksgiving-ish. Not because of a turkey. It's a pot raost I started in the crock pot last night. Actually, I was supposed to start it the night before so that we could eat it for dinner last night and have the leftovers tonight. BUT, I didn't remember that the roast needed to be started the night before until 10am yesterday morning. Luckily we had enough leftovers and odds and ends to muddle our way through dinner last night.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. To time with family, what looks to be a beautiful day, Brian being home, the Thanksgiving parade on TV and to the FOOD. I am pregnant, can you tell? To tell the truth, I would probably be writing this post even if I wasn't expecting. I love food (why I went to Weight Watchers - hee hee) and ESPECIALLY Thanksgiving food. I think my dear friend Robin expressed similar sentimental feelings - I knew we were made to be friends! :)

This year we will be spending most of the day with my parents (10 minutes away). I am so excited because both of my sisters will be there. We will all be together! That doesn't always happen for the holidays because of the way that we and one of my other sisters alternate time with our families. Needless to say, I am so happy about that. We are also expecting one of my sister's in-laws. So that should make it extra special.

My mom usually does most of the cooking. One of my sisters and I are bringing the pies - Pumpkin Pie for her and Buttermilk Pie for me. My other sister is bringing fruit in some form or fashion and, I think, some cheeses or something to munch on while we salivate, I mean, wait patiently for the turkey to be done. My mom is baking the bird (with the stuffing inside - my FAVORITE), making pecan pie, and squash casserole. Rolls, too? I can't remember. My sister's in-laws are bringing a ham and then I am now also bringing a yummy sweet potato dish I tried the other night. Oh, and my mom bought cookies for the kids from the Cake Lady (the best bakery EVER!) Mmmmmmm! And I think I will bake 2 more loaves of pumpkin bread - 1 for breakfast and one to take.

I can't wait. So, as you can see, I will enjoy myself and I will hate to step on the scale come my next doctor appointment in December.

I pray you will all enjoy your feasts, but even more the love and comapny of friends and/or family. Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I am planning to have a Thankfulness post for tomorrow. It would be fun if everyone joined in!

1 comment:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Count me in for that post tomorrow. :)