Monday, November 13, 2006

Too Frazzled to Think Straight

Well, I know I have been out of pocket for a while - WOW! last Tuesday to be exact! Can't believe it. Truly, as the title says, I have been so busy, I didn't have enough mental presence of mind to write anything worth posting, even though there was plenty to talk about. So here I am, almost a week later, with plenty to say!

It has been an interesting week!

Saturday night I went to the hospital because I was feeling not quite right and was worrying about early contractions. (Everything is perfectly fine - so normal, in fact, I am quite boring.) I have absolutely no history of early labor of any kind, but a mother worries. I think I was a victim to common pregnancy tummy troubles and a great big dose of being overworked and overtired! My mother told me on Saturday night, as I cried over the phone, "Celeste, think of all you have done in the past week!" How right she was! So here it is:

* Of course the quilt show Thursday, over a week ago. That was stressful fun, though.

* That Saturday, the 4th, we left early morning for a trip to Dallas to visit Brian's family and so he could attend the big NASCAR race with his brother. Travel always makes for stress, no matter how much fun you have!

* Worried a good majority of that Sunday because my niece was throwing up all Saturday night. Just what we needed! (Never did catch it, by the way. Thanks be to God!)

* Traveled home Monday unpacked and got things back to normal.

* Tuesday, I did normal house stuff, ballet and quilted the baby quilt I was working on (needed to be finished before shower on Saturday)



* Wednesday, I bound the quilt and finished it off. By the end of the day I was exhausted and my back was killing me! Also, shopped at Dollar Tree for items for the kids Operation Christmas Child boxes.

* Thursday, we prepared our boxes. Fun! We did the library and I started making preparations for the shower and for teaching at our homeschool co-op on Friday morn.

* Friday we had co-op, and a trip to Target for things I didn't have, but thought I had for baking a large shower cake that evening. I baked a cake and we went to Jacob and Nicole's co-op fall showcase that evening!

* Then of course Saturday was spent in shower mode from 9am to 6pm. Granted I had the most extraordinary help of two dear and creative friends, but I was zapped! The shower was a success though and oh so lovely.





Thus, all this found me Saturday night, huddled on the sofa watching Dateline NBC, missing out on hamburgers at my in-laws and not feeling "quite right."

But all that is over now. Everyone is fine. The kids had a fun sleepover night at their grandparents. I am thankful to God to be reassured that everything is going well with baby and me. We had a lovely Sunday with beautiful weather and fun parish picnic. And the fire in the fireplace last night just made it perfect (yes, it was only in the 50's but to us lifetime Houstonians, that's fire weather!)

Today we begin anew with thanks and praise to our God for always watching over us and bringing us through what seems to be the impossible. Now I must go start anew with some breakfast for me and the little people. God bless your day. I am glad to be typing again!

6 comments:

Mom of boys said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well - I was beginning to worry about you!

I hope that you get some much deserved rest this holiday!

If there is anything I can do to help you this week, please let me know!

Melissa said...

Celeste! Oh, my goodness! I really was beginning to worry about you, and with good reason, it seems! I'm so glad you had a restful Sunday after all the activity of the previous week, and happy to hear that all is well with you and Baby.

Now, go put your feet up and drink a big glass of water! Rest! And then rest some more! :)

Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous! You always make the most beautiful things.

Glad to hear Baby H is doing well, and Mommy too. Now it is time for you to slow down a bit. Read a good book and take a nice warm bath.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Good, good, good. We have missed you and are so glad to hear that everything's alright.

God is good. Take care of you and little sweet pea. ;)

Celeste Creates said...

Thank you for all your sweet, sweet comments! You all make me feel so loved.
Thanks for the friendship, whether in person or cyberspace.

Love to you all!

Time for a nap!

mom-in-training said...

Oh, Celeste! It all looks lovely and as usual, you did a fantastic job on the cake. And what a precious quilt! I wish I could have seen it before you gave it to Angela, but I can tell from the photo that it turned out gorgeous. You worked so hard and it shows!!!