Friday, November 03, 2006

My Day at the Show

It was once again a lovely quilt show. There are either 18 or 19 long aisles of hundreds of vendors. I got in around 10:15 and made it to the bathroom first so I could concentrate well. Then I began. I made it through the first 9 aisles before lunch at 1pm. I met my mother-in-law and her friends for our sack lunch. Then at 1:45pm I began again! I finished all the aisles by around 3:30pm and then had some time left over to browse through all the contest/display quilts.

I bought some really beautiful things, all before lunch I believe. I bought a new roll of Blendables thread (Spring Garden #4102) to quilt a friend's baby quilt.

I bought a wonderful little pattern for these basket weave reversible placemats. They are really kind of primitive and different. They would be fun to do with scraps or to make with special fabrics for the different holidays.

I bought 3 pillowcase kits - one for each of the kids. I plan to make them as Christmas gifts. Jacob gets a cowboy/horse one. Nicole's is pink and purple with ballerinas. And Andrew's has all sorts of sports balls on the fabric. They look easy and fun. Last year I made them each a tied fleece blanket and they use them all the time downstairs for snuggling and just playing.

My big purchase was the following:

I bought this book, One Block Wonders, to make this absolutely gorgeous quilt. It was stunning and I couldn't pass it up. The pieced part of the quilt is made of one big piece of fabric cut a certain way. The fabric in this quilt is a poinsettia fabric and it is just gorgeous! I listened to the lady describe how to make it and was really interested in the whole process. Sounds neat and fairly easy. I can't wait.

There was so much more I could have bought, but since I have quite a bit waiting in reserve to be made, I refrained. It was another wonderful quilt show year!

I think if you go this website, somehow there is either a webcam or some photos you can look at.

1 comment:

andria said...

That does sound like fun, but I dont' know enough about the stuff yet to understand what is going on. I am sure the quilts were pretty to look at though.

I am making my neice just a piece quilt out of raggedy ann material for Christmas. I dont' expect much as it's my first attempt, but she's 3 so she's not much of a critic.

Let me know if you ever hear of yarn or knitting show.....I'll be there.